Swift-Cut is a forward-thinking, progressive company providing career opportunities for people who share our vision for innovation and quality in the CNC cutting industry. We’re a globally expanding and ambitious company, exporting to over 35 countries and rapidly growing in size and reputation.
If you want to join our brilliant team, take a look at our current vacancies below:
Product Manager – UK
Swift-Cut Automation Ltd is currently looking for a Product Manager to join the R&D NPI Department and be part of the Leadership Team. This is a senior role within the company and you will be responsible for managing the product lifecycle of our plasma and waterjet cutting systems from market analysis and concept through to design, costing, prototyping, sample production, testing, mass production, promotion, support, and finally product end of life.
This key role is Office based and the successful candidate must reside within commutable distance of the company’s Head Office, located in Staffordshire, UK. Some overseas travel may be required from time to time.
- Analyse market and competitive conditions, laying out a product vision that is differentiated and delivers unique value propositions based on customer needs.
- Conduct ongoing competitor analysis and benchmarking by comparing our products to competitors’ products
- Set the product vision, strategy, roadmap and feature definition for a product or product line assessing the products at every stage of the process to ensure its ability to meet customers’ need
- Define the requirements for each product feature and the desired user experience
- Create and maintain accurate BOMs to ensure that production remains within the budget guidelines
- Determine product pricing by utilising market research data, reviewing production and sales costs alongside anticipated sales volumes
- Prioritise building what matters most to achieve the strategic goals and initiatives behind the product
- Plan what your team will deliver and the timeline for implementation
- Assist with setting up the production line and pre-production validation of the design making sure that your product has all the support it needs to successfully get built and launched
- Work closely with Technical Services on the technical specifications and ensure that teams have all of the information they need to deliver a complete solution to market
Candidates must possess:
- Strong leadership skills for your immediate team to believe in you and assist build your product vision
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to bridge gaps between different functions within the company (R&D NPI, Production, Technical Services, Sales & Marketing) and aligning all of the teams involved
- Lead cross-functional teams brought together in product groups from product concept all the way through to its launch
- The ability to constantly communicate across all organisational functions to make sure that everyone is moving at the same pace, and working towards the same goal
Experience of any of the following would be desirable:
- CNC machinery and Systems, Capital Equipment, Assembly Line Production
If you are interested in applying for this position please email us your CV and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, for any questions or issues associated with submitting your application, please email us at email@example.com.